2013 Athlete of the Week & Senior Athletic Awards
Joseph Ilaoa (Football/Track)—Mustang of the Year
Top 11 Athletes
· Connor Church (Football/Track)
· Connor Church—Patrick Klokow Award
Caitlyn Wong (Soccer/VB)—Mustang of the Year
Top 11 Athletes
· Megan Andrews (Field Hockey/Softball)
· Clair Cali (Golf/SB) – Marines Award
Michelle Wong, (swimming)
- This past meet versus Los Altos she qualified for CCS in the 50 Freestyle with a :25.34, just missed the 500 Freestyle CCS cut by 0.20 seconds, helped the 200 Medley Relay improve their time to 2:00.43. Helped the 200 Freestyle Relay take first. She also qualified for CCS in the 200 Individual Medley with a time of 2:01.35 in the previous meet against Los Gatos.
- Brandon competed on Saturday at the St. Francis Invite in the Var. Boys 800m and finished 2nd overall in 1:57.25 which currently ranks him #3 in CCS in that event. Brandon’s time also moves him to #4 on the HHS All-Time list for that event.
Brandon has come a long was pretty fast considering that he didn’t run track his freshman year. He’s dropped an astounding 20 seconds over that short period of time for this event, and definitely has a lot more in the tank considering that we are still in our buildup phase of our training this season. Brandon is the best half miler to have come along in HHS history in the last 2 decades or so.
Week of 1/28/2013
- Troy Whitford—Varsity Basketball
- Megan Morita—Varsity Basketball
Week of 1/7/2013
Riley Klein—Men’s Varsity Soccer—Center Midfielder
- Riley has scored 3 goals in the past three games for Homestead. Not only has he been the statistical leader for the Varsity soccer team, but he has been the emotional and inspirational leader. Coach Luis Comesana has described Riley as the heart beat of the team. Riley scored both goals in the game against Los Altos, resulting in a 2-2 tie, and scored the only Homestead goal in the game at Saratoga, resulting in a 1-1 tie.
Lindsay Nishimoto—Women’s Varsity Basketball
Week of 11/12
- Sarah Lee & Kara Wen—Women’s Tennis Doubles Partners
Sarah & Kara were 3—0 in the CCS first round match against Aptos. They were the only ones to win in the final match against Monta Vista. They compliment each other with their similar styles of play, and communicate well as a team. It is exciting to watch them hit aggressive shots for winners and enjoy the game of tennis so much. Last week they took 2ndf in the SCVAL Double Championships.
Week of 11/5
Jaemi Nakamstsu—Field Hockey.
- Jaemi is the team Captain. She is a great leader and role model. She worked very hard this year to condition and refine her skills. She is not a starter but never complains about being on the bench. A true team player. October 30th against Westmont she made a save in the goal that saved the game for us!!! She was amazing.
- Connor Pryor—Cross Country
Week of 10/25
- Surya Rangasamy—Women’s Tennis
Week of 10/18
- Steve Russum—Boys Water Polo
Week of 10/11
- Sydney Keith—Field Hockey
Week of 10/08
Hannah Allen & Cooper Sloan—Cross Country
- They both have established themselves as the dominant athletes on both sides of the team. For the past three weeks they all both set new school records for cross country courses that we’ve been running for the pass 5 years or so. These two will play a vital role on our team as we near Championship time for the season.
Week of 9/25
- Alisha Parikh, a freshman who is the #1 singles player for the girl’s Varsity tennis team
- Nikolas Gregov, a senior who is the goalie for the boy’s Varsity water polo team.
Week of 9/18
- Derek Rositas—FB
- Courtney Kinderman—Girls Water Polo